Illume keyboard Disappeared

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 27 01:28:55 CEST 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:00:08 -0400 Alex Fitzpatrick
<agfitzp.openmoko at gmail.com> babbled:

> VictorSigma wrote:
>
> Armin ranjbar wrote:
>
> > > after running a few while , maybe after suspends , Illume keyboard does
> > > not appear and standard om2008 keyboard appear , any one has any idea ?
> >

> > I myself asked this question recently.(Please search the mailing list before
> > posting)
> > http://n2.nabble.com/preserving-illume-keyboard-on-update-tp778734p778734.html
> > link
> >

> But that thread has no answer either... Anyone know how to enable a full
> keyboard with the new update?

as best i know there is no way to turn qpe's keyboard off. until that happens
there will always be fighting between illume's own keyboard and qpe's (As the
vkbd system is generic allowing for any keyboard window - and illume just
creates one of its own that gets picked up by the generic system).