Debian-how to login without keyboard?

Juan Cañete jcazor.listas at
Fri Aug 29 16:47:38 CEST 2008

I don't use gdm nor any display manager, I directly load xfce from the /etc/init.d/zhone-session script, setting PROG_FSO=/usr/bin/xfce4-session and then autoloading zhone at startup. I know it's not a very clean way but works well.

best regards.

El Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:35:48 +0200
David Samblas <dsamblasomcommunity at> dijo:

> Hi there I have just installed debian in the sd card doing the
> partitions and copying a kernel and the
> "" file and
> everything is running smooth until the gdm login prompt arise.
> There is any way, via ssh to make it autologin? or I have to do a vnc
> session to enter xfce?
> I'm a little bit ashamed , but I have no idea to where to begin.

Juan Cañete Azorín
hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95 ...