Debian-how to login without keyboard?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Aug 29 16:53:13 CEST 2008

> Hi there I have just installed debian in the sd card doing the
> partitions and copying a kernel and the
> "http://rabenfrost.net/debian/debian-armel-xfce.tar.bz2" file and

that should be rather unnecessary -- everything is inthe debian
repositories.

> everything is running smooth until the gdm login prompt arise.

if you need gdm only for login, you should reconsider that choice -- it is
fat and has lot of dependencies using space and cpu.
as for your problem at hand: search the archives, i think sparky mat wrote
two or three weeks ago, how he configured gdm to do autologin by
manipulating a config file.