Debian-how to login without keyboard?

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Fri Aug 29 23:43:06 CEST 2008

"arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de> writes:

> configured gdm to do autologin by manipulating a config file.

Just add to /etc/gdm/gdm.conf

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=b0ef

I don't like this solution, cause I want a keyboard in gdm. I want to
log in normally and things like PIN are read from other config files.

I also want a screen saver to as soon as possible turn off the screen
when the device boots. This is because it might take a while before a
gdm or something else appears, so if you boot the device and put it in
your pocket, you don't touch something like gdm.

The screen would then have to be turned on with the POWER button and
then hit AUX to pop up a keyboard to actually log in with something
like gdm.

I also miss the POWER button menu in 2007.2, so I need something like
that;). It's not always that I want to lock the device with a password
either, just turn on something like that ball lock in 2007.2.

The GTK applications from 2007.2, like the dialer, are being ported to
FSO on debian, so that's just excellent, as well;).

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m