Debian-how to login without keyboard?

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:59:25 CEST 2008

El vie, 29-08-2008 a las 16:53 +0200, arne anka escribió:
> > Hi there I have just installed debian in the sd card doing the
> > partitions and copying a kernel and the
> > "http://rabenfrost.net/debian/debian-armel-xfce.tar.bz2" file and
>
> that should be rather unnecessary -- everything is inthe debian
> repositories.
There is any rootfs in tar.gz or tar.bz2 in that repos? I think is
quicker(not mean better or easier, only quicker) to untar a file in a
mounted partition in neo or even quicker in a usb2.0 card reader, than
go trough all the cdbootstrap proccess (I have done booth and I will be
very happy if you tell me where to find other tar file with a working
debian rootfs)

> > everything is running smooth until the gdm login prompt arise.
>
> if you need gdm only for login, you should reconsider that choice -- it is
> fat and has lot of dependencies using space and cpu.
Sorry me I don't need gdm that's one of the problems of a packed rootfs,
you don't know what did you find until it boots :) and seems that this
root fs comes with gdm, but the previous Juan Cañete comment is straight
enough to fit my needs boot as son as posible with the phone stack on,
thank you both