openocd with u-boot

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:57:40 CET 2008

Hi,

I would like to know the recommended way for stepping-through u-boot
with openocd with the debug board on the FreeRunner.

I am able to connect with the debug board, start openocd, telnet to
localhost:4444, and issue openocd commands.

But, is this documentation old and not applicable to FreeRunner?
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Bootloader#Bootloader_development

I am able to execute the sequence, but, u-boot.bin image from both:

1. u-boot openmoko repository (git checkout origin/stable), and

2. With QT2410 image,
(Need to add "#define CONFIG_MMC_S3C 1" in include/configs/qt2410.h to
complete compilation).

doesn't display any console output in /dev/ttyUSB2 on minicom.

Appreciate any suggestions in this regard,

Thanks!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan