[SHR] Locking the Screen?

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:26:33 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Franck <thomas.franck at gmx.com> wrote:

> I wonder if that could be brought back in? or maybe the Zedlock that is
> mentioned in the Wiki[1], which I think looks quite nice?

There's currently no locking method in SHR. If you're able to build a
bb recipe for a locking system, I'd be glad to include it in the
image.

> I guess one can probably make a setting somewhere to enable locking with
> AUX (I suppose maybe /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml ? ) so I
> will look around, but I think locking the screen should be back(?) in
> the distribution.. :)

Currently, this is a really nasty thing to do. As IMHO, this isn't
frameworkd job. It shouldn't (IMHO again) take precedence over the
window manager on X. And as for this, currently, AUX and POWER don't
emit X keystrokes, which prevent us from associating any kind of
locking thing through illume.

A locking system like zedlock could be tied to AUX, but it's a
workaround, not a real solution...

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net