[SHR] Locking the Screen?

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:05:40 CET 2008

In my opinion it would be good to have some kind of rules for
different applications/services, and I think it should be included
into frameworkd.
For exmaple we would have a file with a list of programs with special
rules, for example:

fso-gpsd:no_suspend
tangogps:no_suspend;backlight_on

This way every time gps is being used phone does not go to suspend
without changing any settings. If TangoGPS is being used what we
ussally need is backlight always on, because we need to be able to
look at the screen all the time.

Right now, to use tangoGPS I have to go to Settings, turn autosuspend
off, turn backlight always on, and turn TangoGPS on. And after using
it I have to not forget to go to Settings and repeat those movements
in reverse.

With the solution I'm proposing this would be done automatically.

Leonti