[Debian] trying to get bluetooth headset to work

Josh Thompson lists at joshandbianca.net
Thu Dec 4 14:58:59 CET 2008

On Wednesday December 03, 2008, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mi  3. Dezember 2008 schrieb Josh Thompson:
> > As another test (and I have no idea if this should really work), I tried
>
> using
>
> > the diagram here:
> >
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/images/a/af/WM8753_ALSA_Mapping.png
> >
> > to try to route audio from MIC2 to the bluetooth speaker and audio from
> > the bluetooth mic to ROUT1.  Neither of these worked.
>
> This seems to be a rather weird setup, creating a bidir communication
> between handset and headset. Well maybe it's usefull for a 10meter
> walkietalkie, if it is feasible at all, mixer-wise (I didn't check this, as
> there's been no real demand for it yet).
> Please also note you have to drive ROUT2 antiphase with LOUT2 and enable
> both outputs, for REC4301 to work properly.
>
> For BT GSM operation you have to route RXP/N input (From Modem) to
> BT-headset-speaker, and BT-headset-mic-input to MONO1/2 antiphase (to
> Modem)

Joerg,

Yeah, I realize it's kind of strange.  I was only doing it as a debugging
measure to see if I could get any audio to/from the bt headset.  I figured
this was a simpler configuration than normal usage because it takes the GSM
modem out of the setup.  Any time I'm debugging something, I try to take as
many factors out of the setup as possible to isolate where the issue is.

Thanks for the tip on the ROUT2 and LOUT2 configuration.

Josh