[SHR] how to remove settings icon from menu bar?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sat Dec 6 22:17:26 CET 2008

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:38:05 +0100, "Joachim Ott" <jo.omsl at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> 2008/12/6 Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at gmail.com>
>
>> click on the wrench -->shelf gadgets
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I put the settings and conman items to the top menu bar (see picture),
>> > because I thought I'd use them every 2nd minute - but they don't work
>> there.
>> > So how can I remove them again from this menu?
>>

> As I wrote above, nothing happens when I click on the wrench. Can I edit
> some config-file?

Is there still a wrench/spanner in the top-left when you open the shelf, IE
two of them now?  The settings for 'hidden' and 'visible' are independent
so you can have both enabled.  When I just tested with both enabled, the
'visible' one didn't work but the 'hidden' one (opened shelf) worked, and I
was able to re-disabled the visible spanner.

You can also try renaming/removing /home/root/.e/e/config and then run
"/etc/init.d/xserver-nodm restart" - that should remove all the E17 config
settings in one fell swoop.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)