[SHR] linphone without /usr/bin/linphone

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 12:00:28 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Julien Cassignol wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, this install the commandline client. And the graphical client? When
> > I click on the icon, it wants to execute linphone and not linphonec.
>
> None was built. Find a good one, or tell me what is the name of the bb
> recipe for a good not CLI client, and I'll build it :-)

linphone is a good lightweight client, but the bb version is rather out of
date, and there's a dependency problem regarding libosip2 which needs to be a
2.x version. And we don't get the GUI. Someone had a working linphone 2.x
with GUI, and patches to switch the alsa state for ringing and call pickup.

Another option might be to use telepathy. This gives us a dbus API for IM and
VoIP so we could add it directly to the voice and messaging GUIs. This cuts
across the FSO call control interface somewhat though, as I understood that
was intended to become a universal interface to voice calling methods.