missing eth0

peter boehm boehm at mlab.at
Thu Dec 11 18:27:24 CET 2008

hello arne,

sorry i am on the road with a html mail interface. if i look into the
list archive and press reply the text of the original message is not
included and i have to copy and insert it to the answer. at the bottom
there is my original message of this thread.

meanwhile i made a dmesg on both neos and they differ from each other.
here the relevant parts.

on the working neo:
[    8.390000] sdio_wlan 00:01: driver attached
[    8.395000] sdio_wlan 00:01: SDIO device, IDs SD_0001 (active)

on the not working neo:
[    3.535000] pnp: the driver 'sdio_wlan' has been registered

it seems that driver is registered but the device is not being activated.

on both neos uname -a is giving the same:
Linux om-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Thu Nov 6 02:57:37 CST 2008 armv4tl unknown

as i said before (first message) both neos are flashed with the same
images and system from http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.9/

Om2008.9-gta02-20081106.uImage.bin
Om2008.9-gta02-20081117.rootfs.jffs2

already with the "original" and delivered system Om 2007.2 (old stable)
the wifi on the same neo did not work.

anybody knows how to check if the wlan hardware is working or defect?

thanks
peter