Sad Story

Karthik Kumar karthikkumar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:13:55 CET 2008

I will say this: Open source is philanthrophy. Making money is
alright. Using Open source to make money is acceptable.

You see those EeePcs? It's Open source, people get what they pay for -
hardware and software.

Now, claiming that because 'it's Open source, we allow you to do what
you want' is just lying, because what you really mean is 'it's not our
priority, sucker'.

Do you see Openmoko? It's Open source, but nobody delivered.

My contribution is to make more people in the community see the truth
that I saw. And when they participate, that is the only way your
Openmoko management is going to see what is RIGHT. Do not use the open
source as a red herring argument.

-Karthik