Sad Story

Karthik Kumar karthikkumar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:42:30 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | The website of Openmoko's launch will tell you when the Openmoko
> | Freerunner was released.
> | My bills will tell you when I have purchased the Freerunner.
> | My Freerunner is available to prove the bugs in it.
> | As for the list of Bugs, I'll just take the list from the Trac you
> | have set up, with details of when 'each and every bug' was filed and
> | resolved/never resolved.
> |
> | And, I have YOUR statement which proves that till date, many of those
> | issues still exist.
>
> Did someone from Openmoko tell you that GTA02 (unlike Windows, Mozilla,
> $EVERYTHING_NONTRIVIAL) will have no bugs?

You're talking of the case where everything that doesn't work is a
bug. But that everything that works in Openmoko doesn't constitute
what a 'Phone' is. Hence, either you've sold a bug, or you've sold
something that isn't a Phone.

Didn't someone from Openmoko say that it's a phone? Oh, by the way,
wasn't there a legal document that said that if you were to buy it and
it had bugs, you wouldn't sue because you are doing so at your own
risk? I think not. And, do you think that people get off the hook for
shipping products with major bugs? (If you recall Intel's processor
bug or nVIDIA's heating problem, it should prove you otherwise)

I'm done talking to you, Andy. If you have anything to say that isn't
Openmoko's selfishness, I'm going to listen to you.

--
Karthik