Sad Story

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Fri Dec 12 21:05:37 CET 2008

Paul,

> Let's be honest here FIC is making a pretty penny off of OpenMoko,
> using very old hardware selling at a premium price (2.5g not even
> EDGE).  Yet we are OK with that.

If you don't know you shouldn't pretend to know.
I applaud the brave investors we have, we have a long way to go to
make this an interesting investment for them, compared to many other
places they could put their money. Luckily there are many people that
enjoy this project so much and contribute that I am optimistic we can
show them the true power of our community, over time.

> "OM is moving more focus to gta03 now, so my current resource for
> qtopia is fairly limited."

I believe this was John. Taken out of context, and you are exploiting
slight weaknesses in his usage of English.
I regularly see John in the office until 2 or 3 AM, working for the
project he loves. He said 'more' focus, because although he spends
100% of his time developing on gta02, he also wants to start learning
more about gta03 now, join some product meetings, etc. That's it. He
continues to work on gta02 full time.

> and I think I've made my case.
> http://www.cafepress.com/openmoko_inc

Steve and Sean did this during the weekend... BTW, 100% of the
profits will go towards our bounties for Free Software developers.

Wolfgang