Still can't register GSM

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat Dec 13 01:05:47 CET 2008

>> did you check if all contacts of the sim are connected? (yes, it used to
>> work before, i know)

> I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Connected to what?

to the contacts of the fr sim slot.
if i remember right, the fr's contacts are just some kind of springs which
might very well loose suspension somehow.
additionally the sim itself is some kind of plastic which might deform.
while each might be completely inside the tolerance, together it might
lead to some pads of the sim not being connected with the according pin.
putting some paper betwen the slider and the sim or pressing the sim down
with a finger might help.