JFFS2 warning: (1157) jffs2_sum_write_sumnode: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -1212

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Mon Dec 15 02:55:15 CET 2008

2008/12/14 Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com>:
> I wonder what the 1157 means. Looking thru earlier logfiles, it happened
> once for Dec 1, 3 and 4, 3 times for Dec 10, 5 times for Dec 14 and just
> once some minutes ago for Dec 15. Needless to say that
>
> Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> rootfs                  246.6M    129.2M    117.4M  52% /
>
> All this on SHR with Linux version 2.6.24 (shr at opmbuild) (gcc version 4.1.2)
> #1 PREEMPT Sun Dec 14 18:55:25 CET 2008. Should I take any care of this?

I'm using SHR as well and I noticed this same (or similar) error a day
or two ago.  It just so happened that I was at that time watching the
logs with logread, and when it happened the system froze, the screen
went black and I had to take the battery out to revive it.  It's
possible that those two events were unrelated.  Did you notice any
problem when you saw that message, or did it seem to be benign?

Nathan