Sad Story

Karthik Kumar karthikkumar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:47:32 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> The kernel fix for GPS is a mere quirk. Ideally it should get fixed in
>> hardware.
>
> Huh?  The kernel fix seems to work OK for those people who have old
> FRs.  Newer FRs have a hardware fix.  E.g. my FR doesn't need any
> kernel workaround.  No need to wait for GTA03 to get a hardware fix.

So, this kernel fix is a feature, according to Al Johnson? Then why do
they need a hardware fix? Unless I am missing something, this software
fix seems to be a lie. Or the hardware fix seems to be bogus anyway. I
have one of the earlier freerunners released, so I'm sure Openmoko
owes an explanation.