[Fwd: [openmoko-announce] Om 2008.12 & Beyond]

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Sat Dec 20 00:00:27 CET 2008

Anyone knows how this will work with the Neo 1973 (GTA01)?

I would like to just go ahead and see how it works, but as the release
notes have this warning:

*WARNING:* It is recommended that you back up your Neo prior to
installing any updates.

Do not attempt to install 2008.12 to the Neo 1973 (GTA01). It is not
compatible with this earlier model.

So it seems that it may not be such a good idea.

However, I do believe I have seen posts about GTA01, GTA02 and an
upcoming GTA03 being similar from what they expect from the HW that I
actually don't understand this warning?!

Will an attempt to install it brick my GTA01?

Thanks for any clarification,
Peter