Suspend in om2008.12

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 25 00:13:23 CET 2008

suspend works fine if you do it manually while using the illume theme -
rarely fails.  You do need to turn suspend after blank off.

The asu theme and autosuspend doesnt seem to work well at all - probably
because it suspends at inopportune moments, rather than the user making
allowances for whats running.  OM really need to either totally redo the
asu theme or switch to illume as the default.

BillK

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 13:49 -0500, Marcus Stong wrote:
> Isn't suspend one of the things that was suppose to be fixed in
> om2008.12, or was this one of the things that never got fixed? It
> seems like the last FDOM had a more stable suspend/resume than this.
>
> Marcus
>
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Marc Bantle <openmoko at rcie.de> wrote:
>         Marcus Stong schrieb:
>         > Is it just me, or does suspend freeze on om2008.12. I
>         flashed the
>         > latest stable images to my freerunner, but it won't wake up
>         when in
>         > suspend. I've rebooted several times. Any suggestions?
>
>         To me it seems that suspend as well as
>         shutdown hang for a while and therefore
>         a manual resume is not honored. If I give
>         it the time to suspend (estimated 5 min.)
>         it will resume properly.
>
>         While suspend can be initiated by a short
>         click on the power button, I need to press
>         for 3 seconds or more to resume. I personally
>         prefer resuming by a simple click of the
>         power button as in  om-testing.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Marc

Home in Perth!