Boot hangs at splash when USB cable plugged in (GTA02v5)

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Thu Dec 25 20:09:26 CET 2008

My Freerunner hangs on the splash screen forever when I boot (or
reboot) while the USB cable is plugged in.   I can boot fine from the
"Boot" option of both the NOR and NAND boot menu, so I don't suspect a
faulty u-boot environment.  I found the following ticket, but it seems
to indicate that it was an issue for only the GTA01:

https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/874

When it hangs, I can login with a serial console and simply issue a
"boot" command to continue.  To recover from the hang I either have to
remove the battery or login and power it off (neo1973 power-off).

Could this be related to the above (now closed) ticket, or is this
maybe expected bahavior and I just never knew it?  I'm using a u-boot
dated 2008-12-20 (gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin).

Saludos,
Nathan