OpenMoko on Mac OS X 10.5 (PPC)

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Tue Jul 15 08:25:05 CEST 2008

> Hi,
> afaik OE and Qemu don't run natively on OSX.
>
> What I have done is to use VirtualBox to install Debian inside. This
> works. You can also use VMWare or Parallels to do that.

Not natively. I am also happy, when it runs emulated.

I had a running Windows installation on my last OSX 10.3 (PPC) and I
have just downloaded the Q applucation (http://www.kju-app.org/). It
basically runs, so I assume, my Windows installation will run there
too (on 10.5.x)

Emulating the ARM and OpenMoko may working. I have to try it and
follow the Mac OS X Howto's.

A fallback would be my Linux Server (AMD64) running the i386 version
of OpenMoko and using X remotely.
Would this be an alternative ?

Thanks

Lothar