OpenMoko on Mac OS X 10.5 (PPC)

Abel Chang changzer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:21:38 CEST 2008

how do you connect your Freerunner with vmware or parallels?
i also tried with Qemu, with no success...
i'm running on a imac with OS X 10.5.4

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de>
wrote:

> Am 15.07.2008 um 08:05 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>
> > Hi,
> > afaik OE and Qemu don't run natively on OSX.
> >
> > What I have done is to use VirtualBox to install Debian inside. This
> > works. You can also use VMWare or Parallels to do that.
> >

> Not natively. I am also happy, when it runs emulated.
>
> I had a running Windows installation on my last OSX 10.3 (PPC) and I
> have just downloaded the Q applucation (http://www.kju-app.org/). It
> basically runs, so I assume, my Windows installation will run there
> too (on 10.5.x)
>
> Emulating the ARM and OpenMoko may working. I have to try it and
> follow the Mac OS X Howto's.
>
> A fallback would be my Linux Server (AMD64) running the i386 version
> of OpenMoko and using X remotely.
> Would this be an alternative ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lothar
>
> > BR,
> > Nikolaus
> >

> > Am 15.07.2008 um 07:54 schrieb Lothar Behrens:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> does someone have successfully installed Qemu on this platform
> >> running
> >> OpenMoko ?
> >>
> >> I am interested if I do not need to fall back to my Linux
> >> installation
> >> on my Mac mini.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Lothar

Best regards,

Abel Chang - 張東龍
Graphic & Product Designer
http://coroflot.com/changzer
---

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message and
all its attachments. Please note that any unauthorized review, copying,
disclosing or otherwise making use of the information is strictly
prohibited. Thank you.