opkg upgrade = endless IRQ messages

Brian C brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 16 10:11:50 CEST 2008

On the factory image I found that opkg upgrade seemed to break the phone
(in the same way about to be described below) and so I then did a flash
to the most recent recommended 2007.2 kernel and rootfs.  I resisted
doing an opkg upgrade while I got everything set up as nice as is
possible given current constraints, but after reading so many reports of
people seeming to do opkg upgrade without any trouble, decided to try it
again, but I (again) get the following in the process:

1. opkg upgrade is busily upgrading packages, then
2. the x server appears to shut down
3. the following never-ending text message appears:
pcf50633_irq: entering)irq=53, pcf=c7d34c00): scheduling work
pcf50633_work: INT1:0x80 INT2=0x00 INT3=0x00 INT4=0x00 INT5=0x00
SECOND

(although sometimes "SECOND" is replaced by "ADCADY"

The only way to put a stop to this appears to be to hold down the power
button.

That doesn't seem like a great way for the opkg upgrade process to
terminate, and it leaves me wondering which packages upgraded and which
didn't.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Brian