opkg upgrade = endless IRQ messages

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Wed Jul 16 11:15:17 CEST 2008

Brian C <brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> That doesn't seem like a great way for the opkg upgrade process to
> terminate, and it leaves me wondering which packages upgraded and which
> didn't.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Have you tried and upgrade from inside X ?

You should to the upgrade from a ssh session IMHO...

But this would lead to another problem.

My suggestion :
1. connect into the terminal app in the GUI
2. there type/tap "opkg update"
3. also there type/tap "opkg upgrade dropbear"
4. connect via SSH
5. inside the SSH shell, do "opkg upgrade"

This was the only way I found to upgrade (almost) everything.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER