apm problem

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 14:23:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008, arne anka wrote:
> > opkg won't flash your uBoot. You shuld use dfu-util for that, check here:
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util
>
> looks like a job for ... my usual question:
> what does uBoot do software upgradable by opkg does not accomplish?
> especially in respect to the power saving/uptime issue?

It's a bootloader, so as far a power saving/uptime goes, nothing. What is
should do is allow you to boot from USB powerwithout the battery inserted, or
with a heavily discharged battery. This stops you having to resort to
external chargers, or the dubious procedure of jump-starting with an external
4.5V PSU, if somehow you manage to overly discharge your battery.