USB networking and openSUSE

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 01:31:44 CEST 2008

On 17 Jul 2008, at 00:04, Matt Luzum wrote:
> ... I followed the USB
> Networking section of the "Getting Started" wiki page and can ssh into
> the Neo just fine.  However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the
> routing properly set up so the Neo can access the internet (I can't
> ping
> URL's or IP addresses except the one that belongs to the hose
> computer).

This indicates that the machine your Freerunner is connected to isn't
doing NATting / forwarding / Internet Connection Sharing.

This looks useful:
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/home_internet_gateway?
page=0%2C3

Googling "openSUSE internet connection sharing" also brings up some
forums & mailing lists hits.

Basically you want to share your computer's internet connection (the
main ethernet interface, presumably, eth0) with usb0, the network
interface to which the Freerunner is connected.

If you can ping 68.180.206.184 but not yahoo.com then that indicates
that name resolution is broken - I don't think that's your problem,
but just be aware that that's done in /etc/resolve.conf on the
Freerunner.

Stroller.