USB networking and openSUSE

Matt Luzum mluzum at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:41:23 CEST 2008

Thanks for the replies.  Coincidentally, right after I sent the e-mail I
figured out the appropriate pieces to take out of the Getting Started
tutorial that got things working for me:

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 192.168.0.0/24 &
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward &
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT &

I'll still have to figure out how to make it more permanent/automatic,
but now that I know what to google for it shouldn't be a big deal.

As for the collision between address spaces, I'll eventually have to
figure out a way around that since my home network does use 192.168.0.x.
  For now I'm just trying to get it to work from my computer in my
University office.

I did also have to play with /etc/resolv.conf to get DNS working, but
that wasn't a big deal either.

Anyway, if anyone has additional useful information, feel free to chime
in, but now I have much more confidence that I can get it all figured out.

Thanks again for the quick replies.
Matt