GTA01: Two questions

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Jul 18 01:43:03 CEST 2008

I'm getting a freerunner, but for now have an older phone.

I have two questions: I have a prepaid card from T-Mobile.  In my
cellphone, it registers fine with other carriers when I'm outside
T-Mobile's service area.  It doesn't do that with the GTA01.  Is that to
be expected?

The second question is a harder one: I played around last night loading
kernels and root images from the "latest builds" page linked to from the
Wiki.  I couldn't get any of them to work.  So I got the 4/21/08 images
from the "Tested and known good" site.

I'm sure there must be newer images that would work with my phone, and I
suspect that some of them from the "latest" site would work, as well.
Is there anyone out there who maintains something more up-to-date in
terms of "This works OK (or even marginally) with my GTA0X" model?

Thanks.

b.