Battery discharging after long time connected to the power charger ?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Fri Jul 18 21:07:25 CEST 2008

Russell Sears wrote:
> I've started noticing this too.  It bit me the night before last, when
> it was plugged in for 8 hours, but the icon indicated battery status.
> When I woke up, APM reported the battery was low. (I've been regularly
> running opkg update/upgrade on the factory image).
>
> Plug the charger into the phone.  Slowly count to 10 or 20.  If the icon
> doesn't change to have a lightning bolt, unplug the charger from the
> phone, and repeat.

here's another thing to try: make sure the phone is really charging,
either with 500mA or 1000mA (assuming you're using the wall charger),
using Andy's patch that lets you manually set any charge rate:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-July/003761.html

Let me know the result of this experiment

Michael