SSH into Freerunner

Yoann B. executionner at
Sat Jul 19 11:34:01 CEST 2008

Ok, I finally made it work !!!!!

So, for those who are under 192.168.0.* network, and ubuntu, here's what I
did :

** disconnect from network
On freerunner /etc/network/interfaces I replaced by
iface usb0 inet static
        up echo nameserver >/etc/resolv.conf

In /etc/resolv.conf, replace "nameserver" by "nameserver"
* not very useful, but give it a try
Still in freerunner, but on the device : "/etc/init.d/networking restart"

Then on my computer's /etc/network/interfaces :
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
   up iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s &
   up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward &
   up iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT &
   down iptables -D POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s &

On computer's, "/etc/init.d/networking/restart".
Then, in Firestarter (System -> Administration -> Firestarter), this
configuration :
- in politic, entry trafic, autorize connections from
- autorize service SSH port 22 for

And the most important, in Preferences -> Firewall -> Network configuration
Set local network device to "Unknown device (usb0)", and tick "Authorize
internet connection sharing"

Then "Accept", on my computer it display an error message, but no matter.

In a console, ssh root at ... and it works !!!

Thanks for your help all !