Keyboard not working on latest ASU

Michael Münch micm at micm.eu
Sat Jul 19 14:44:49 CEST 2008

Am Samstag 19 Juli 2008 15:43:54 schrieb Ole Kliemann:
> After `opkg update ; opkg upgrade' on my FR using ASU this morning, the
> onscreen keyboard is broken. It is still displayed and when striking a
> key the letter is raised but nothing more; the input is not working.
> Also the `drag-up-gesture' for switching the layout to numbers is not
> working.

the input works, but is not displayed directly. If you use the stroke for
space or return you can see it. but i could not switch the layout between
letters and numbers.

As a workaround I did:
svn checkout http://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/illume
scp illume/keyboards/*
root at 192.168.0.202:/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/
then on the fr:
cd /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/
rm Default.kbd Numbers.kbd
/etc/init.d/xserver-nodm restart

this gives you a full qwerty-keyboard with arrow keys ;)

Michael