C compiler cannot create executables

Greg Bonett greg at bonett.org
Sun Jul 20 00:09:25 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> do so (though the script could easily put out the whole path to make it
> easier to find the file).
> probably a library missing. i get that with two packages which try
> -lcposix
> and
> -lpostproc
> respectively. can't find those libs anywhwere, neither source nor binary,
> in the openembedded stuff.

I took a look at config.log but am having trouble interpreting the
results.   Looks like crt1.o is causing the problem, but I don't know
how to fix it.
find / -name crt1.o yielded nothing.

Heres part of config.log:

configure:2945: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2972: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.1.2/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2975: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "twinkle"
| #define VERSION "1.2"
| #define VERSION_DATE "March 9 2008"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3014: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.