Can't make outgoing call with the FreeRunner

Simon Comeau Martel simon at
Sun Jul 20 15:40:22 CEST 2008

Good news: outgoing calls just started to work for me yesterday morning.
  I have no idea how or why... And it still worked after a reboot.

I then decided to flash qtopia, to see if it would also work there.  No
luck.  I waited until this morning, to see if it would magically start
to work, as it did the day before.  No.

I then:
  reflashed "uImage-2.6.24+git20080424-om-gta02.bin"
  reflashed "Openmoko-Freerunner-20080424-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2"
  #opkg update
  #opkg install gpsd (directly on the phone)
  #opkg install tzdata-americas
  #ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Montreal /etc/localtime
  #shutdown -r now

  Tried to make a call: it worked.

Can any-one make sense of that?  Why would it suddenly start to work?

Anyway, I am just happy now, that I can use my phone as a phone...

Simon Comeau Martel
simon at