USB networking and openSUSE

casaubon jputhoff at wisc.edu
Sun Jul 20 20:29:34 CEST 2008

Matt Luzum wrote:

> I seem to be unable to figure out how to get my Freerunner to connect to
> the internet (through a host PC connected by USB). . . (I'm using openSUSE
> 11.0).

I am having this problem as well. NeoFR can ping the USB network device
(192.168.0.200) and the laptop (192.168.1.64, running openSUSE 10.2), but
cannot find the DNS (192.168.1.254). "opkg update" fails, of course; very
distressing.

IP forwarding is enabled. Firewall has the laptop as "external", the USB
"device as internal", and masquerading is ON. Default route is set to
192.168.1.254, and the NeoFR has resolv.conf containing "nameserver
192.168.1.254".

Any openSUSE-specific things that might make this configuration not work? Is
there some IP address conflict going on?