USB networking and openSUSE

casaubon jputhoff at
Mon Jul 21 01:34:52 CEST 2008

Rolf Camps wrote:
> Op zondag 20-07-2008 om 12:32 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef casaubon:
>> This doesn't seem to work for me. Just to be clear: you changed the
>> file
>> /etc/resolv.conf to read "nameserver w.x.y.z", where w.x.y.z is the IP
>> of a
>> DNS that your ISP router consults?
> I also changed it in the file /etc/network/interfaces on my freerunner:
>   up echo nameserver w.x.y.z >/etc/resolv.conf
> afterwards restart your network on the freerunner:
>   /etc/init.d/networking restart
> I hope it will work for you too,

Still having problems. Due to my own setup at home rather than the neoFR, no
doubt.  :P

I can do a little workaround by downloading the daily packages on the
laptop,  redirecting the update ".conf" files in /etc/opkg to point to local
directories instead of http: locations, and running update.

I don't know if this is a good idea. Any opinions?