Linking Freerunner with OpenSuse 10.3 (64-bit)

casaubon jputhoff at
Mon Jul 21 05:57:49 CEST 2008

Matt Luzum wrote:
> To get Suse to route traffic from the FreeRunner to the internet you can
> copy and paste the "iptables" part from the Ubuntu instructions:
> iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s &
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward &
> iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT &
> This should allow you to access IP addresses directly, and you can then
> follow the "Updating DNS" section to get that working, since that's all
> done on the FreeRunner and isn't OS specific.  I had to look at
> /etc/resolv.conf on my host computer and use those name servers instead
> of the OpenDNS ones suggested in the wiki.

Matt -

Is there a step-by-step procedure for this yet? For example, in what context
are those "iptables" commands to be executed in (the Ubuntu instructions are
not clear)? I am very interested. If you have something definite (even if
only a temporary fix), then could you post it, please? If you can put
something like that together, then I will do the work of posting it to the