Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Jul 21 08:29:19 CEST 2008

I just flashed Qtopia (Because my up-to-date 2007.2 wouldn't start x anymore, lost sound etc etc).

Now this is a UI :-) It is intuitive and looks great, the input methods are exactly what I would
expect to be available, and I don't have to push the power button to close an app ;)
I especially like the keyboard that zooms into the key that will be sent if you hold it.

Anyway it shows great promise, great job Trolltech!

Now I do have a few questions...

1. Should sound be working in this version? I get none
2. Should  the screen dim after a while? As far as I can see the backlight is always on in this version.
3. Will this be commercially available, or free? and what is the time frame for a fully working
version? (I have to say based on what I have seen I'd pay for it!)

Thanks
Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com