Battery discharging after long time connected to the power charger ?

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:37:26 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I experienced something similar yesterday with my Freerunner running a
 recent andy+mwester kernel:

After plugging the turned off phone with about 30% battery left into
the wall charger at night, I woke up to realize the battery had become
completely drained! And in addition, the original battery would not
allow a startup neither with charger nor usb attached, only a spare
nokia and then quick-changing while on USB allowed it to become
recharged again.

When plugging in the charger, the icon for USB now switches between
shown / not shown in 1s intervals, accompanied by a knock-sound from
the loudspeaker. This happens every time, and looks to me as if the
charger is broken - any other USB device attached to it blinks with
the same frequency, and I cannot measure the 5V but see fluctuations .

Any idea, or shall I contact my distributor (Pulster) for a spare charger ?

Stefan