Cannot play MP3 or OGG as ringtone on GTA02

Gero Mudersbach geroxp at web.de
Tue Jul 22 00:41:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

in
/etc/pulse/session
I found
load-sample ringtone /usr/share/openmoko/sounds/...

I have changed the entry for a MP3 file instead of the default wave.
Unfortunately the phone just vibrates but does not play the ringtone. OGG
doesn't work, too.

I found out that moko-notify calls the pa_context_play_sample function of
pulse to play the cached (uploaded) sample. So, it seems that there is
something missing to decode the OGG/MP3 before it gets cached or am I on the
wrong track here?

Best
Gero