Capacitor for snuffing interference to GPS antenna

Thomas Krahn thomas at
Tue Jul 22 01:54:52 CEST 2008

Jim Colton wrote:
> Greetings Felix,
> I see the product on that site.  The capacitance is correct, but how
> do you know it is the correct voltage?
> All I have seen from OpenMoko is this:
> .. mentioning the capacitance but not the voltage.   Please mail me if
> you have a link to OpenMoko fully describing the part needed.
> Thank you,
> Jim
Dear Jim,

ceramic 10 pF capacitors are usually available with voltage
specifications above 100V. Your GPS antenna only carries a couple of
millivolts (unless you are standing right in the middle of a
thunderstorm). Therefore the voltage specification is not critical. More
importantly you should make sure that you get the correct dimensions (in