Capacitor for snuffing interference to GPS antenna

Thomas Krahn thomas at familytreedna.com
Tue Jul 22 01:54:52 CEST 2008

Jim Colton wrote:
> Greetings Felix,
>
> I see the product on that site.  The capacitance is correct, but how
> do you know it is the correct voltage?
> All I have seen from OpenMoko is this:
> http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Gta02_gps_10pf_rework_sop.pdf
>
> .. mentioning the capacitance but not the voltage.   Please mail me if
> you have a link to OpenMoko fully describing the part needed.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jim

Dear Jim,

ceramic 10 pF capacitors are usually available with voltage
specifications above 100V. Your GPS antenna only carries a couple of
millivolts (unless you are standing right in the middle of a
thunderstorm). Therefore the voltage specification is not critical. More
importantly you should make sure that you get the correct dimensions (in
mm).

Thomas