One-sided GSM calls

Daniel Dadap daniel at digsoc.com
Tue Jul 22 05:30:09 CEST 2008

(Sorry if this creates a new thread: I am subscribed in digest mode,
and can't seem to find an easy way to reply directly to a message on
this list without having received a copy of the individual message.
This is a follow-up to my previous message:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/support/2008-July/000200.html)

After trying the FSO image, still no audio on GSM calls. I went back
to OM2007.2, since I find it the most complete at the moment to play
with (Qtopia is much more polished, but lacks fun things like GPS) and
then when playing around with it, discovered that the weird box with
circles inside it that is visible at the top left during a call
triggers the speakerphone. I was wearing the headset at the time and
hit the speakerphone button, and heard the other side of the call! It
was very faint (even with volume turned all the way up), and over one
channel only, but the audio was there. I unplugged the headset and
heard the audio on the speaker, very faintly. (Still nothing on the
earpiece.) Turned speakerphone off, no sound on speaker, no sound on
earpiece. Turned speakerphone on, plugged headset in, faint audio on
one side.

Later, I was unable to get speakerphone to work again on the speaker.
It still seems to work with the headset. The headset does not produce
any call audio with speakerphone disabled.

Is there anything anybody can suggest besides sending the FR in? How
do I go about sending it in, anyway?