Linking Freerunner with OpenSuse 10.3 (64-bit)

casaubon jputhoff at wisc.edu
Tue Jul 22 06:39:39 CEST 2008

Success! Your instructions were quite helpful. "opkg update" and "opkg
upgrade" worked great, as did all package installations.

There is a little checkbox in the Firewall Config in YaST that is called,
cryptically "Protect Firewall from Internal Zone". This may have been
causing the problem.

I have made a wiki page for getting USB networking to function using YaST,
where I sketch out my solution for openSUSE 10.2:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking_with_openSUSE

jon