Getting rid of pulseaudio? [was Re: Cannot play MP3 or OGG as ringtone on GTA02]

Gero Mudersbach geroxp at web.de
Tue Jul 22 08:38:50 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. Juli 2008 schrieb support-request at lists.openmoko.org:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> > pulseaudio only features WAV files. In FSO we are using GStreamer to
> > create all kinds of tones.
>
> I've heard FSO got rid of pulseaudio.  Is that true?  Any problems?
> Flamewars I should read? :)

[...]
> Also, is GStreamer definitely in the future?  I'm looking into
> fixed-point graphic equalizers; gstreamer seems to be a good place to
> add one.

In http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework#Audio pulseaudio is still
listet. I would also like to know where it goes since I would like to develop
something, too. So, is there any roadmap or feature plan that we can roughly
count on? Is it http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Roadmap ? It's hard to find the
way in the wiki :)

Gero