Flashing Neo FreeRunner

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Tue Jul 22 17:04:56 CEST 2008

I have a few questions about flashing the phone:

1) Is there a way to tell the version/date of the current image used on
the phone? My phone is new, so I have no idea.

2) The page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util includes a warning
that the Dfu-util is broken. The warning does not include a date.. Does
it still apply?

3) What is the 'partion name' in this command:
./dfu-util -a (partion name) -R -D (download image file name)

The wiki says "altsetting of the DFU interface by name or by number" but
I don't understand what 'altsetting' is?

I realize that these are stupid newbie questions... If this is not the
right forum to ask these questions, please direct me to the right place.

/Jette