Flashing Neo FreeRunner

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Jul 22 17:25:58 CEST 2008

> 1) Is there a way to tell the version/date of the current image used on
> the phone? My phone is new, so I have no idea.

maybe
cat /etc/angstrom-version
?
if it's new it might be an april date (20080424 or so).

> 2) The page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util includes a warning
> that the Dfu-util is broken. The warning does not include a date.. Does
> it still apply?

dunno. got mine from debian/unstable

> 3) What is the 'partion name' in this command:
> ./dfu-util -a (partion name) -R -D (download image file name)

rootfs/kernel/u-boot
i guess from the wiki. which number correspondents which name i don't know.

> The wiki says "altsetting of the DFU interface by name or by number" but
> I don't understand what 'altsetting' is?

probably just that you can use short numbers instead of long names like
rootfs.

> I realize that these are stupid newbie questions... If this is not the
> right forum to ask these questions, please direct me to the right place.

nope. this is the place ...
but all of your questions likewise apply to the wiki task force to update
the entries in question.