Buzzing on GSM audio

Jim Morris ml at
Tue Jul 22 21:12:30 CEST 2008

There has been a lot of talk, and entries in the Wiki, regarding the buzzing during a GSM call.

However I have not seen any concrete solutions posted, and this is a showstopper when it comes to
using the FR as a phone.

So to try to move this effort forward, there is mention of a possible solution by tweaking alsamixer.

So if anyone has good quality GSM phone calls, can they please post their alsamixer settings here.

login via ssh (or console)

 > alsactl store -f alsa.txt

I'll collect them and post them to a Wiki page.

Maybe we can nail this one too :)

Here is mine, but is very noisy so don't use it :)

You can load a good one with this...

 > alsactl restore -f a-good-gsmhandset.state

Jim Morris,