Factory-fresh phone and dropbear

Steven ** montgoss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 22:59:52 CEST 2008

I believe it only applies to a "factory-fresh phone" because the newer
images already have dropbear upgraded.  Since dropbear doesn't need
upgraded, the ssh connection doesn't drop and everything upgrades
fine.

The factory image has this little chicken/egg problem where you can't
do a global "opkg upgrade" from the terminal on the Neo because it
restarts X (which kills the upgrade process) and you can't "opkg
upgrade" over ssh because dropbear gets upgraded and closes your ssh
connection (which kills the upgrade process).

-Steven