Keyboard not working on latest ASU

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 23 16:10:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:50:44 +0200 "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox at gmail.com>
babbled:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:28 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
> <raster at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > and it will continue to be there/not there between svn versions. qtopia has
> > its own vkbd and illume has one - they conflict and right now i can only
> > turn off the illume one in code. so depending what svnrev u get it may or
> > may not be enabled or conflict etc. etc. - u'll have to wait for dust to
> > settle.
>
> In the future, could it be possible to have a configurable keyboard?
> - I install three keyboards I like (or all available keyboards)
> - I configure somewhere (a .conf file in /etc maybe?) which keyboard I
> prefer, this is the keyboard that appears whenever a keyboard i needed
> Additionally, all keyboards have a way to switch to another keyboard
> (menu?, extra key?) so that I can switch whenever I want, even in mid
> sentence.

yes. configuring which keyboard comes up is on my todo list. it's almost there
- i am adding in config fields and then e will handle executing the keyboard 0
if it needs executing, or be able to use its internal one (its not a separate
process, so it comes with less overhead), or have no keyboard at all... thats
my plan anyway...