BT headset with Qtopia

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 15:49:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Al Johnson wrote:

> >> well I could not find gsmbuetooth.state file, you shure Qtopia uses
> >> them. The only .state files I could find are in
> >> usr/share/openmoko/scenario/ I'm checking gsmheadset.state now.
> >
> > I've not tried Qtopia yet, so I'm not certain it uses them, but as you
> > say they're provided in the Qtopia image it seems quite likely. If you
> > start a call then restore the gsmbluetooth.state linked from the wiki
> > page you should find out whether it works at all.
>
> Qtopia does use these. I use a base openmoko rootfs, which does not
> include any bluetooth audio state files at this time, for the Freerunner.

Does Qtopia attempt to use a particular state file if a bluetooth audio device
is present? If not I suppose making gsmhandset.state a symlink to either
gsmrealhandset.state or gsmbluetoothheadset.state might do, set manually when
connecting to the headset.

Another option might be to set gsmhandset.state to route audio to and from
both the handset earpiece/mic and the bluetooth device. It's not ideal but
doesn't need manual intervention every time you add/remove the headset.